Here are the brake ducts I made….
I wanted them to keep the existing shape of the front chin spoiler so made a ‘plug’ using bits I cut from mine to get the correct shape. I then had to build this up and finish so it was perfectly smooth. You then create your mould from this. I used Epoxy tooling gelcoat and some epoxy putty to make this. After all that (about 2.5 days work already) you can start making your part. Phew.
Eventually I want to make a complete tunnel to the caliper instead of the silicone ducting, in a similar shape to the foam plug I started making… but realised I didnt have enough time!
There is also a picture of one of the ‘warped’ brake discs. It turns out they where not warping but the pads where depositing onto the discs… you can just about see it in that picture; the slightly red’ish tinge in places.